Front suspension Parts? Ball joints, bushings, tie rods.. etc?

Started by Dakota, 2009-02-15 11:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakota

Whats a good place to get all of this stuff.

i took the front clip and engine and tranny out of my edsel again, and i am gonna detail it all.

while im at it i might as well rebuild all the suspension.

all the bushing, uppers and lowers, tie rods and the anti roll bar bushings?

if you have part numbers that would be great!

thanks in advance..

Aaron
Hot Rodders are the True Artists, Restorers just paint by number. ~ Luanne Rosenow

shopratwoody

I've done mine a couple times thru the yrs. I think I bought from Kanter. :001:
I hate blocksanding!

JPotter57

You can get all of that stuff from Kanter (www.kanter.com), Concours, (www.concoursparts.com), and Mac (www.macsautoparts.com).  They all have everything from balljoints, to complete packages...Check them out.  Of course, if your adventurous and have 2 or 3 days to spend, you can go to your local auto parts and watch the teenieboppers try to figure out why they cant bring it up on their computer, then gaze in bewilderment at the big Moog book on the couter.  :D
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

05gt

QuoteOf course, if your adventurous and have 2 or 3 days to spend, you can go to your local auto parts and watch the teenieboppers try to figure out why they cant bring it up on their computer, then gaze in bewilderment at the big Moog book on the couter. 

LOL! I've went through this twice this week while looking for the o-ring bushing that goes between the lower ball joint and spindle. Apparently they were only made in 57' for just my car and were never produced again. I was refered to my local art supply store though top buy some rubber there.  :dumbass: