News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Starting Over is Done

Started by JimNolan, 2009-03-29 15:53

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Guys,
    Got my car back. I spent last week putting the interior back in it. I'm happy. If you saw my car before I started the restoration you'd probabley say no one could make me happy. But, the guy that did the restoration ( Chad Yoder ) has given me one heck of a 57 Ford. I didn't realize how much he'd done until he gave me the 284 pictures of the restoration project. Just imagine replacing almost every piece of metal from the door handles down. The show Overhaulin doesn't have a thing on him other than they have unlimited money and personel and he just has one guy ( Matt ) helping him. When a guy hands you a sticker with the name of his company to put on your car, you know he's proud of his workmanship. I proudly put his sticker on the rear quarter window.
    I still plan on driving it every day but I'm going to be more picky now. I've never had a new car that looked this good much less one that I enjoyed driving as much. So, I'm ready for the car shows. Now, if I won just one best of show I'd be happy for the rest of my life. Well, maybe one best of show and a trophy from Gulf Port Dragway. Ya, that'd do it. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

JPotter57

:ttiwwp:
Post up, big guy....  Glad to hear you got her back on the road, Jim...Hoping to get a running start on mine this week...Lots of new fiberglass, woohoo! :hurricane:
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JimNolan

James and Guys,
     New pictures. I put them in the Gallery. The new pictures look the same as the old pictures. Although it's now got a flawless paint job that was block sanded and it's made entirely out of metal now. Haven't went through gears yet. I want to get some miles on the new motor first. The new engine is quieter and idles smoother ( stock cam ). It sits about 2 inches higher with the new body mounts and new metal mounts. The rear sway bar has shown me a little handling improvement but not like the front which is a neccessity with these cars. I let it idle for 30 minutes and the temp stayed at 180, that's incouraging. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

JPotter57

So, I guess you'll be coming to Gulfport this October?  Hope so, I should have mine up and around by then...fingers crossed  :D
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.