News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Burgundy and White 70A?

Started by Ford_Crazy, 2009-07-25 09:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_Crazy

The bodywork is almost finished on my 70A project and I have to pick a color soon. My car was originally a two-tone car from the factory and I like the 50s look of the two color paint. I'm old school, but want a 60s hot rod look. I'm thinking about Burgundy (very popular in 1965) and Wimbledon White.  Anyone have any pictures of a 70A or business coupe with that paint scheme?  Thanks! :burnout:

KidKourier

Try www.1957Ford.com ,click on Models on left side,over 800 pictures of 70A's in both solid and tu-tone colors,I believe there was a couple of pics in that color scheme. KID

wildhog

LOOK IN THE MEMBERS CAR GALLERY MY 70A IS IN VIEW NUMBER 153 IT IS A DARK RED AND TAN, AND VIEW NUMBER 422 IS OF A RED AND WHITE CAR,THESE SHOULD GIVE YOU A GOOD IDEA! I ALSO TOOK A PICTURE OF A BURGUNDY AND DARK SILVER CAR , THIS WAS VERY SHARP LOOKING. BUT I CAN'T FIND THE PICTURE. HOPE THIS HELPS TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Ford_Crazy

Thanks for the help.  I hate this color choice thing.  It took me six months to decide on a color for a Mustang fastback I did a few years ago.   I always seem to go back to black.  I've got a month or so to decide. :deadhorse:

RICH MUISE

HEY GUYS...I'M NEW TO THIS SITE..
WANTED TO THROW IN SOMETHING I'VE BEEN PLAYING WITH FOR A WHILE.I  HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO FINE TUNE BUT BEGINNINGS LOOK VERY PROMISING. COLOR SELECTION I THINK MAY BE THE MOST DIFFICULT DECISION FOR MANY BUILDERS, IT SURE WAS FOR ME. YOU CAN GO TO A SITE SUCH AS DUPONT'S HOT HUES, PICK A CAR FROM THE SELECTIONS OFFERED AND MAKE IT ANY COLOR YOU WANT. I THOUGHT THAT WAS NEAT BUT WANTED TO SEE A CAR EXACTLY LIKE MINE 9(MINE IS TOTALLY DISASEMBLED). I BOUGHT A DIGITAL CAMERA PROGRAM CALLED 'PAINT SHOP PRO PHOTOX2', TOOK SOME PICTURES OF 57 70A'S LIKE MINE, AND WAS ABLE TO CHANGE THEIR COLOR TO ANYTHING I WANTED. WORKS AWSUME AND I HAVEN'T READ THE MANUAL YET TO BE ABLE TO USE IT TO IT'S FULL POTENTIAL. NEXT STEP(BESIDES READING THE MANUAL) IS TO FIGURE OUT IF I CAN GET DIGITAL COLOR CHIP SHEETS FROM PITTSBURG, DUPONT, ECT. SO I CAN USE ACTUAL AUTOMOTIVE COLORS.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

shopratwoody

I remember one that was Titian Red and Wibleton White that was really good looking back around
1960. Old school color
Ron
I hate blocksanding!