News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

VETERANS DAY

Started by shopratwoody, 2009-11-09 23:04

Previous topic - Next topic

shopratwoody

Thanks to all the Vets out there and have a good Veterans Day :001:
US Marine Corp 58-62
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

Ford Blue blood

Thanks Ron, and you as well.
U.S. Navy, 1965 - 1994
Bill
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57AGIN

All Vets:

Interesting how things change with time, isn't it.  The thanks to our VETS today are as well deserved today as they would have been when we were in.  My son-in-law just got back from a tour in Iraq and it was a proud and happy moment when we were reunited as family again. 

What I remember most about my home coming in 1972 was Hanoi Jane, Tom Hayden and being spit on when traveling in uniform.   Todays welcoming and thanking our VETS is surely the way our Country should behave to those who put their lives on the line.

Bob
57AGIN
(USN 1966-1972, SSN 621 Haddock)

wildhog

ALL VETS- THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AND GOD BLESS
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Zapato

:unitedstates:You guys are all welcome, I remember getting Jane's picture sent to me by my dad when I was over there, best thing I remember about coming home was spending 3-4 totally alone with my girlfriend. No distractions other than those we invented. Todays vets probably don't have that restful as their cell phones are constantly going off. I do remember some of the grief that was thrust on us and for the most part we handled it a lot better than our tormentors deserved. again guys you are all welcome, it was an honor to serve. :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

geraldchainsaw

i lthink of and remember our vets every day,   navy 1956-1959

4banger

I took a different turn than you guys. Pennsylvania National Guard 65/71 Participated in the riots in Pittsburgh in 1968. Have a good Veterans Day

JPotter57

I thank every one of you guys, and all of the veterans, all branches.  I fully appreciate each sacrifice that each of you guys made to defend this country in peace time, and times of war.  God bless each one of you, we love and thank you.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

Quote from: 4banger on 2009-11-11 17:49
I took a different turn than you guys. Pennsylvania National Guard 65/71 Participated in the riots in Pittsburgh in 1968. Have a good Veterans Day

:unitedstates:Man that had to be tough, I know the enlistment oath calls for defending the Constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic but to actually have the enemy within has to be the hardest duty any soldier has to face. My hats off to you.

To all my fellow Viet Nam brothers, WELCOME HOME!
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72