News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Autolite 2100 fuel inlet fitting

Started by jwag, 2010-01-20 10:25

Previous topic - Next topic

jwag

I am going to rebuild a Autolite 2100 that I had sitting around to replace the carb on my Ranchwagon. I have had issues in the past trying to find a fuel inlet fitting that would screw into this carb so I could just slide on the 5/16 fuel line and secure it with a hose clamp. It previously had a screw in filter on it (which I think might be impossible to find and even if I could find it, I would rather just have a fitting anyway). Any information on locating a fitting that would work would be helpful.

deereford

Hi, I maybe mistaken, old age and all, but I seem to recall that some of the carbs had 1\8' female pipe thread, and some had flair fitting threads. Any how, take the carb to a major auto supply [NAPA, etc],  and there should be a hose barb fitting available. Brad

jwag

So far no luck. Even the NAPA guy could not help. It looks like it needs about a 1/2" npt male fitting. This is larger than the usual fittings. I saw a couple of things in the  Jeg's catalog that I might have to try.

deereford

Hi, I went out to the storage building today [kinda cold up here] and looked at about 25 old carbs. I found a couple had a larger fitting than most. I came up with two different ones, one had a hose barb on it and the other was for a 1/4" flair fitting like a brake line. Both of them have a fine male thread to screw in the carb body. The O.D. of the thread is .557. I doubt that these can be found any place but a carb shop. If you think one of these would work for you, PM me with your address and I will mail one to you. Brad

jwag

I sent an email direct to you but it looks like it did not get there. Thanks for looking. I seem to have it handled. You are right about the threads. About a half inch and fine. Not the NPT thread the NAPA guy said it was. Anyway, I built the carb and it is on the vehicle and running well. Thanks!