News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

galaxie taillight lenses?

Started by Zapato, 2009-08-27 10:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

Years ago when I was a young pup in high school there was a guy in my neighborhood that had what I believe were Galaxie tail light lenses on his 57, gave it more of an afterburner look. Not sure what year or if they indeed were Galaxie, anyone remember this mild custom light changeout? I liked the look would like to know where to start searching. :002:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57 Ford Kustom

I have seen early Falcon with  housings don't  look too bad. Also Lee Lens had a few like the spade ones I have and also a cone style.

TOM :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

wildhog

ZAPATO. WHEN I WAS A KID THE HOT SET UP WAS 63 FAIRLANE TAIL LIGHT. SEE THE ONES IN MY CARS AT GALLERY UNDER CONSTRUCTION VIEWS #103 AND #106 TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

JPotter57

Tom, are those Christensens headers on your car?  They look good.....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57 Ford Kustom

James;
  I really do not know bought them used in 1983 in a barn sale. They were bought for a Tbird but were for passenger car.

TOM :unitedstates:

Zapato

Bringing this post back to tail lights, gotta agree wildhog that is the light I remember now I know what it is, thanks. Looks like It was made for the 57.

Zap  :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

shopratwoody

I think mine had 61 or 62 T-Bird lenses in it once upon a time :005:
Tom, your car looks good.
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

57 Ford Kustom

DanTudor57

Anyone have a picture of these  taillights on a '57?

For a bit there I thought everyone was talking about the Edsel wagon tail light housing.

RICH MUISE

Check out photo of my car in under construction. I know this was an old post but someone might still be interested. I need to have an outer ring machined for it eventually to fill the gap as the galaxie lenses are smaller. mine by the way are galaxie 500xl lenses. Each model was a little different. The black ring you see in the photo was a piece of plastic windlace used in later model cars. When I found out how well it worked, I made a ring from it that went all the way around. I used the 63 galaxie tailight buckets, altered to fit the 57. I can post a picture of the reworked bucket if anyone is interested
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

I picked up a pair of old 63 taillight buckets at a swap meet for 10 bucks. They were dented and scratched, but for our usage they were fine because the dents could be pulled out easily and nothing shows after installation. The photo shows a stock bucket, and the other after it was modified to fit the 57 taillight  housing. There is a piece of the windlace I was talking about in the photo also. You will have to drill 4 holes in the 57 taillight housing for the long scews. Use 1 nut to hold the lens to the bucket, and another nut with washers to hold it to the housing. If you use the 500xl lens, they have the 4 fins,the other 63 models don't, you'll have to get the 4 holes in the 57 housing timed right. At some point in time, I'll have some rings turned on a lathe to replace the windlace.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe