News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Check out my project for today...

Started by JPotter57, 2010-04-16 20:27

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

I didnt do a big project today, but I stayed busy.  I am using a 351 Cleveland in my `57, and because I am using roller rockers, stock or low profile (M/T, Weiand, etc) valve covers wont fit.  I dont really want to use the Ford Racing stuff, though it really looks good, just everybody has it.  Moroso valve covers are cool, but everybody has those too.  Well, last year at the Spring Swap in Columbus, I picked up a pair of used Moroso covers that had been powder coated black, looked like crap, but cheap, like $25 or so.  I let them lay in a box for a while, so I could figure out what to do next.  The other day, a friend of mine and I was talking, and he mentioned that he liked the Morosos, just wished the MOROSO logo wasnt on it.  This caused wheels to start turning in my head.  I also had a pair of 460 covers, that have the Power By Ford logo on them, and thought that would look cool on those tall covers.  Well, the 460 covers had some dings so I went to the pullapart and got a similar pair from a 302, took them home, cut them up, welded a while, and this is what I have now.  I still have a lot of grinding to do, sanding, metal working, etc, but I think they look killer.  When I am finished with them, I may powdercoat them in a silver or pewter color, should look great with the Ford blue block.  While I was at it, I welded baffles in as well as modified the breather holes to accept Ford twist in breather caps.  I didnt get pics of that, so I will post some more up later....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JimNolan

James,
   Good job. And, you won't see anyone else with a pair like that. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

wolfpupsdad

well james , hot rodding at it's best. if ya need it or want it , and no one makes it , make it yourself.
good job and a true one of a kind

glen b henderson

Looks good to me, for a non Y block part! Sure enjoyed our visit today.
Freedom is not Free