Radiators, Griffin? Walker? Input, im gonna buy one this week.

Started by Dakota, 2010-06-26 19:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakota

I see griffin has a bunch listed and evidentally Walker has one now too.

walker is about $225 more than the Griffin, but it is brass and copper not aluminum.

What one are you guys running? ive got a 350HP FE in mine still and i need one to cool it, the stock one aint cutting it anymore.

any input is appreciated.

Hot Rodders are the True Artists, Restorers just paint by number. ~ Luanne Rosenow

RICH MUISE

check out the post running in general tech discusion
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Dakota

Im looking for more information,  1 inch tubes? 1.5?   1.25?   Durability?

I am leaning twards the Griffin, although i know copper/brass is better.  and i hate the look of Fabbed radaiators.

Hot Rodders are the True Artists, Restorers just paint by number. ~ Luanne Rosenow

KidKourier

Dakota,     Summit racing has Griffin radiators on sale for 25% off, for the '57 it's $556.64 including s/h,either with or without trans cooler! KID

Dakota

I ordered one directly from Griffin, i got one with the 1.25 Tubes in it. the one they listed only had the 1 inch ones.  it came to about 600 with shipping.

i am gonna build my own shroud for it by the looks of things.  the fan is slightly off center it seems on these cars, so i dont think a  generic one will work.

ptwood

Hi
I am new member and just purchased my 57 Fairlane 500, with a 292. Of course after I got it home just over a week ago we found coolant all over my driveway... ughhh, immediately had my shop review options, it was too far gone to repair so I needed a new one. I discovered a company Cool-Crafts out of LA who makes custom radiators, they have drop in replacements, They had it in stoock and I should have it in place by Thursday (shipped 3 day).. I bought a 3 core, copper brass, they also offer a hi capacity model (it was not in stock) and aluminum as well.
I also found that a local contact who I have been talking to over the last month as I was purchasing my 57 is president of the local Galaxie Car club and then learned he was the owner of a local radiator shop and distributes for this company. His company is Cap-A Radiator, here on Long Island, NY. His # 516 293-9026, the number for Cool Crafts in LA is 602-269-3271 speak to Alex price for the 3 row was $333, seemed very reasonable, Hi capacity is like $40-50 more I believe.
I'll let you know how it works out, I was very pleased to find this company as I did not have much more to go on searching than what I found on this forum. Bill and Alex have been great to deal with and like I said Bill is a Ford man at heart.
I hope this helps others as it has for me.
Peter