News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Good day today...

Started by JPotter57, 2010-04-25 20:03

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Well guys, the weather today is much better than yesterday I must say.  I was able to get out and finally get my driverside quarter on.  I bought this thing last year.  I was sorta getting tired of moving it around, it was in a big box.  Wll, I ended up having to fabricate a new inner quarter, as I didnt see the point in paying $60 plus shipping for that small a piece. I made one in about an hour, rolled beads, multiple radii and all.  Finally, got it on, and filler roughed in.  I still have a lot of sanding and grinding to do, but there is a lot less rust in in than there was yesterday.  Also fixed a place in the driver side drip rail.  I had to cut out a piece about 4inches long and 1/2 wide, make a patch and weld it in too.  I have that almost finished, just a little more blocking.  As soon as I get time, I will get some updated pics.

Additionally, I am stepping down a little on the tire size in back.  I was using a 255-70-15, which is a really tall tire, and really fills the fender, but it is just too tall.  I will eventually put a set of 255-60-15 on back, maybe 275-60 if there is enough room.  While installing the quarter, I re-rolled the fender lip so there is a lot more room now.  I will probably take one leaf out of the spring pack, and get the rear down another 1.5 to 2 inches.  I had 200 lbs in the trunk earlier, simulating a full tank of gas and a battery in the trunk, and it sat pretty much like I wanted it to.  It sure makes a lot of difference in the looks of it.  I like it low, will have to see what happens next.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

glen b henderson

I juess that I didn't show you the excellant driver side inner fender that I had cut out of the quarter panel that I am putting on the white custom when you were up here last week, sorry.
Freedom is not Free

JPotter57

Thats ok, Glen...I learned how to do something today.  I saw it on the HAMB, and applied it to what I was doing.  It worked out ok.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.