News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

mystery noise

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2010-05-30 19:43

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

kinda long story,   i've posted about this noise before but got no where,    started out when i went into passing gear,  the noise started,   sounded like a spun bearing or exhaust leak,  bad plug,   now after 3 weeks i finally found it,   fist i went to a eng teck shop, they couldn't find it,  went to a muffler shop, they couldn't find it,.  went to a trans shop and theys couldn't find it,   driving me up a wall,  finally found a exhaust manifold that was cracked,  so after a couple of weeks i replaced that,  still had the noise,   ok maybe its been longer maybe a month or so,  anyway went to a car show at ford world headquarters today,  noise got worse,    went to another guy thats pretty sharp,  tried a few things that he told me about,  still had the noise,   but tonite i took off the trans inspection place,   and there it was,    the plate that bolts to the converter,  one of the mounting fingers had split,   not what i did was put on a washer and rebolted it,  quess what?????,  no noise,  i couldn'[t believe it,    i8 know the correct way is to weld the finger in place,  but for now the washer will do,  end of story,  now this old man can go to sleep and not think of what to try next,     Jerry

shopratwoody

Good job Jerry. Got to be able to nap without thinking about the
car :003:
I hate blocksanding!