News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

E code 312

Started by alvin stadel, 2010-12-26 14:50

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

I have picked up a low milage 312 E code motor and I am in the prosses of putting it in my 57 hard top. I'v been told that there were less that 800 of these motors made for passinger cars, not including the T-bird. Does anyone know the exact number?

rmk57

From what Iv"e read there is no breakdown from 6 cyl to V-8 cars, never mind e-code Fairlanes.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

wildhog

DID, YOU TAKE IT OUT OF A CAR WITH A E-CODE DATA PLATE? OR IS IT A Y-BLOCK MOTOR WITH A 2X4 INTAKE? WHAT ARE THE CASTING NUMBERS ON THE BLOCK AND HEADS? DO YOU HAVE CORRECT AIR CLEANER AND FUEL FILTER? PLEASE POST A PICTURE IF POSSIBLE. I HAVE A COUPLE OF E-CODE CARS AND JUST WONDERED WHAT YOU HAVE. THANKS TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

alvin stadel

A friend of mine from Billings Mt. bought a 57 ranchero in Calf. and it had the E-code in it. all he wanted was the car, so I bought the motor and 3 speed trans from him. All the numbers are right for this engine, it has the original carbs, cast iron intake, correct air cleaner, all valves have double springs,garbage can fuel filter. We checked the compression and all cyclinders run out at around 135.  it leaks oil so well put new gaskets in it. the fellow my friend bought it from only put about 500 miles on it in the last 20 years. If you get Hemmings it was listed for sale there last spring, Desten blue and white.