News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Factory A/C and Alternator Brackets

Started by 69supercj, 2010-06-01 12:43

Previous topic - Next topic

69supercj

I've got some of the brackets for air and an alternator setup but was wondering if someone out there has pics of how these brackets mount up. I can post pics of mine if that would help. Thanks in advance for any help. :burnout:

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: 69supercj on 2010-06-01 12:43
I've got some of the brackets for air and an alternator setup but was wondering if someone out there has pics of how these brackets mount up. I can post pics of mine if that would help. Thanks in advance for any help. :burnout:
are you looking for 57 312 or is it a other engine.the alternator makes me unsure

69supercj

Yes I believe this was off of a '57 2-dr. wagon with a 312.

Ford Blue blood

I have a couple of pics of the thing mounted.  Shoot me your email and I can send them to you.  I do not have the software to re-size them and they are too big for the forum.  It is hard to see how the mount is configured but it is bolted to the block and the water pump.  There is a boss on the left front side of the block(facing the engine) that the mount bolts to and two bolts on the front cover.  The compressor goes on first and is bolted from under the mount standing up.  There is a brace that runs from the front top of the compressor to the front cover as well.  The generator goes on from under the mount and the adjusting brace goes to the front cover to put tension on the twin belts that run on the crank and water pump pullies.  You should have three groove pullies as well.  The third front most groove is for the power steering pump.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

canadian_ranchero

find a 1957 ford electrical assembly manual it has a really good brake down with pictures.got mine on ebay

Ford Blue blood

See if this works.......it did!  This is the boss in the block (oops, the head) the stock A/C mount bolts to.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Ford Blue blood

This is the hole in the mount that bolts to the head.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Ford Blue blood

The bolt and the hole below are where a bracket bolts to the front cover and then to the A/C mount.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Ford Blue blood

And finally the last one showing the top of the mount.  The A/C compressor stnds up on this mount.  There is also a bracket that ties the top of the compressor to the water pump bolt at the 10 o'clock position.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero