News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

wiper motor pulley system

Started by delmer57, 2010-07-13 17:56

Previous topic - Next topic

delmer57

I recently purchased a 57 Ranchero someone tryed fixing the cables on the pulleys for the windshield wipers but never got it back together. I need to know the correct length of cable repair kit is on back order and trial & error may work but was hoping someone had delt with this before? can not find any info from books I have found.

wildhog

it should be covered in the 57 ford shop manual, you can buy it as a paper book or as a c.d. or some one on the site could post a copy of the page, i am having trouble with my scanner!! hope this helps Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

RICH MUISE

I just checked and there is nothing in the shop manual about the length of the cables. Delmer, just a heads up... check previous posts about wiper pulley redo problems if you haven't already...particularly about the pics in some of the manuals showing an incorrect routing of the cables. I just swapped my wiper system over to hard rods ( I don't recommend unless your in a under construction stage) and have my old cables that appear to be in good shape. If you are interested rather than holding out for new cables let me know....Rich
P.S. welcome to the 57 ford world...Did you get a driver or a project car?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

delmer57

thanks for the info I think we are close to figuring it out, the car is a 57 for ranchero it drives great but some one put red and white stripe interior everywhere! kinda feel like I should be dressed as a clown when I drive it. so it has some work needed they tryed to modify some exterior but fixable I will post a pic soon
thanks again
delmer57