News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

9-11

Started by wildhog, 2010-09-11 03:31

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhog

9-11  I HOPE WE CAN ALL TAKE A MOMENT A SAY A PRAYER, AND NEVER FORGET. 9 YEARS AND IT SEEMS THINGS ARE GETTING WORST, INSTEAD OF BETTER. THANK GOD AND REMBER TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

RICH MUISE

Really a sad day in American history. For me personally 9/11, Columbine, and the Kennedy assasinations are the the three things that realy have disturbed me deeply in my life. Not to get into a political thing, but when I get discouraged about the wars in Iraq and Pakistan, I only have to picture in my mind those planes flying into the towers. God bless the heroes of 9/11.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Spent the day working on a Habitat for Humanity house. Last couple of years I've been organizing groups of volunteers to spend a saturday building hope and helping America's working poor attain a bit of the American dream. By luck this spring when I went to this years first organizing meeting I grabbed 2 dates at random without even thinking 911. It became specially significant to me today to know as we remember a date that brought so much destruction of property and death that we were helping to not only build a home but connecting with people (future homeowners) that probably would never cross paths with us again. Community building at its best.

It always bothered me that the 911 bunch used planes that I helped to build as weapons. Today as we worked and prayed we proved our country's strength and took a few moments to remember all that have given their lives to guarantee our freedoms.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72