News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

will headlights from a 56 fitt a 57 ?

Started by old skool, 2010-09-11 03:50

Previous topic - Next topic

old skool

hi guys ,

i wonder ,will the headlights en units from a 56 ford fitt into a 57 ??

i like the more frenched look from the 56 headlights.i think it would be nice to combine that look on my 57 tudor..

thanx already !

O0

RICH MUISE

I haven't heard any reference to the '56 passenger car fitting a '57. They do use chrome rims from a ford pickup for that though. I forget the year, but there is an article on the "Hamb" on how to do it, although in my opinion the workmanship on the project  was amatuer at best. Must be old age setting in...I can't remember what website the "Hamb" was tied to, but it has been discussed on this forum before so maybe if you search with a few key words you'll find it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

cool57

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2010-09-11 18:58
I haven't heard any reference to the '56 passenger car fitting a '57. They do use chrome rims from a ford pickup for that though. I forget the year, but there is an article on the "Hamb" on how to do it, although in my opinion the workmanship on the project  was amatuer at best. Must be old age setting in...I can't remember what website the "Hamb" was tied to, but it has been discussed on this forum before so maybe if you search with a few key words you'll find it.
jalopyjournal.com

wildhog

OLD SCHOOL, THE FRENCHED LOOK IS MADE BUY USING A 56 FORD PICKUP TRUCK HEADLIGHT RING, AND MOVING THE HEADLIGHT BUCKETS TO THE BACKSIDE OF THE FENDER, WELDING TABS TO MOUNT THE BUCKETS. ON THE H.A.M.B. SITE IT IS COVERED ON HOW TO DO IT . I HAVE DONE 2 OF MY CARS AND IT IS NOT HARD. AS RICH SAID IT LOOKS A LITTLE CRUDE, BUT AGAIN IT IS WHAT IT IS AND THIS EASY MOIDIFCATION,REALY CHANGES THE LOOK OF A 57 FORD HOPE THIS HELPS TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

wildhog

GO TO MEMBERS GALLERY 2ND ROW 11TH PICTURE DOWN. SHOWS MY COVVERT. STOCK AND MY CUSTOM WITH THE 56 TRUCK HEAD LIGHTS. TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)