News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Cruise control

Started by JimNolan, 2010-10-03 23:24

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Guys,
    Has anyone out there put a cruise control on their 57. I need one to help keep my leg from cramping so much on trips. If you've installed one or know of someone that did, I need to know which control you or they used. I've got an email sent to Dakota seeking advice but I'd be more inclined to consider a control someone has installed and had good luck with. Thanks, Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Ford Blue blood

Jim I installed a unit from a 74 Mercury into a 62 Bird.  The speed sensor was a unit that screwed into the speed-o-meter cable, there was room under the dash for it, used the wheel for controls, the under hood unit is fairly large and bulky and is a vacumn unit but it worked well.  Easy wire up but not easy to hide most of the stuff.  Might take a look at the 93 F-150 units as they are cable pull and could be remotely mounted.  The speed sensor for it is transmission mounted and has a speedometer cable mount on it.  Sorry, no pics, bird is in P-cola, long gone...
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II