News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Interior Paint Color-WEIRD Question

Started by Bubba, 2010-09-28 11:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba

#3 son and I were taking the seats and door panels out of the 63A, when I noticed that the metal side cover plates on the front seat have an unusual color on the inside surface. while the exterior is gloss black , the inside of the cover plates is a light green metallic which appears to be a lacquer or metal preservative coating. Has anyone else come across this, does anyone know exactly what color it is and is it available commercially? 
Thanks!
BuBBa

shopratwoody

My guess would be the Gloss Black is not original. Proly Green :003:
I hate blocksanding!

Bubba

Door ID plate says original color of car is Black and White, interior color is black and white, but you could be right in that there is no way of telling if the front seat is the one that came with the car.  But its definitely a metallic green color [very similar to the metallic green they used to paint Olds engines] .on the inside of the two seat side plates.  We practically had to use C4 explosive to get the front seat our fasteners were rusted solid.  Thank God for Aerokroil and PB Blaster!!!
BuBBa

Bubba

Bros:
I received an Email back from Mr. 57 Ford himself, John Gambill.
The metallic green color inside of the seat side panels is indeed a metal preservative and John has been looking for the paint code for years thus far without success.  He indicated there may have also been a gray metallic preservative used as well if I understand his Email correctly.  I plan to take one of the panels to the local auto paint finish supplier to see if they can match the color just for the hell of it.
So it was not originally a green panel that had been repainted.
John always amazes me with his knowledge of 57 Fords!!!
BuBBa