News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

what is this????

Started by RICH MUISE, 2010-10-05 22:09

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

on e-pay tonight I was brousing '57 Fords and this one was in the bunch. My guuess it was a foreign production vehicle. According to the ad it's a 1957 Ford Taunus (not Taurus)????? Oddly enough if you look at it it has Ford design all over it. Grille reminds me of a '55(?) ford, side trim 54(?) Merc. Anybody know what this is?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Hoosier Hurricane

Yes, it is a Taunus.  German made, I believe.  John

RICH MUISE

This is the "something different" I'm always talking about...if I didn't have my hands full for the next few years I'd jump on this.Worst part would be trying to restore to original would be next to imposible I would guess. Even if there are bunches of parts in Germany if that's where it's from, the costs would be enormous. As much as I lean to customs, it would almost be heartbreaking to turn something this rare into a custom. Maybe they are not that rare and I've just had my head in the sand for 50 years...has anyone else seen one before?

RICH MUISE

Guess I did have my head in the sand..I just checked Wikipedia and John was right it was made in Germany by Ford starting in 1939, and up thru the 70's, If you guys want to see some really interesting and totally different fords...smaller and fullsize check out wikipedia site(Ford Taunus). I was particularly caught by the earlier years.

Frankenstein57

I saw one on ebay a while back, it was a solid car, maybe California. The guy had a narrowed 9 inch and some big tires on it. Nice project, looked like most of the parts were there. Now its coming to me, it was on the H.A.M.B ,classified section.   Mark