News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 for d dog dish caps..

Started by Jeff Norwell, 2010-11-17 15:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Norwell

are these things repro'ed today or is it a hunt?
I have 2 already..(I think!).....need 2 more
thanks guys.

Jeff
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

JPotter57

It's a hunt for now.  Every now and then a guy on ebay posts an NOS set for around 180-200 or so..Keep your eyes open...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

smurfee

posted & have still been looking for one for about 5 mos. :unitedstates: :icon_bigsmurf:
NEVER LOOK BACK

RICH MUISE

I'm curious...are these caps a few of you are looking for chrome or stainless.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Hoosier Hurricane

Rich:

Since they develop rust pits, they have to be plated.  '58s are the same except the relief area is painted gold instead of white.  John

JPotter57

Smurfee, you mentioned the lettering on yours was different than others.  I thought they were all the same.  Can you post a picture?  Also, Lou, can you weigh in on this?
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

Are the differences year specific or were they caused by different suppliers? Wondering as I had a 66 Fairlane GT and found 3 slightly different instrument panels during that time, subtle enough that no one would notice.  Figured Ford had more than one vendor supplying parts. And these were found all on GTs.

I remember while back Smurfee posting pictures that showed the noticeable differences. This is the kind of stuff that drives restorers crazy not so much hotrodders.

Zap-
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Lgcustom

Jeff,
I have a set that I think are in pretty good condition. I'll try to get a photo. PM me if you're interested.

wildhog

JEFF, I HAVE A FEW N.OS. CAPS, LET ME SEE IF I CAN FIND WHERE I HIDE THEM. TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

suede57ford

They are tought to find in super nice shape.   There have been a few on ebay lately.

I also need one more good one to make a set for my Courier.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

Jeff Norwell

Fellas.I may have secured a set..I will post a pic when they arrive..I know I have 2 out in the shop somewhere.....god only knows where(LOL)....I will have a gander this weekend.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

smurfee

I have seen these with 2 different size letters, the one I am looking for is like the posted set, lost one on the highway who knows where? :unitedstates: :icon_bigsmurf:
NEVER LOOK BACK