News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

new Carpet install

Started by ptwood, 2010-11-30 10:54

Previous topic - Next topic

ptwood

I will soon be removing the old carpet in my 57 Fairlane 2 dr ht 63A, and after doing any needed repairs, de-rusting, sealing repainting etc install new pre-molded carpet.
What did you do in your carpet install - did you glue it in, or not  - what did you put under the carpet before install.., I have seen in factory manual screws along door openings.. no fasteners were used in present install.. for a good seal, I am thinking of using the 3M rubber roofing ice dam film that is super sticky and should offer good water sealing capability and  may also provide some sound deadening effect
Please share any experiences, any issues you ran into to get the best appearance and to get the carpet to conform to the floor contours..
also what have you done with rear sear riser, the vertical area below the front of rear seat.. I was thinking of gluing matching carpet instead of using the vinyl fabric (Lebaron supplied it with upholstery kit) that the factory used (as far as I know..)
Your help is appreciated.

shopratwoody

I used the pre cut orig style short cut stuff. It fit good and I had
no problems with it. I just used the orig style mat under it, but would
suggest dyna mat or equiv. I used 3M spray glue here and there,
screwed the trim down at the doors. Seems to be fine after a couple years . This was
on my Ranchero so don't know about rear. :001:
Ron
I hate blocksanding!