News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Driving Mr. Jim

Started by JimNolan, 2010-12-25 13:21

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Went for a drive today. Mr. Jim (my owner) finally got off his _ _ _ and started my engine. It's been about three weeks now since I was on the road. Mr. Jim is afraid the salt might rust my body. He forgets he'll probably be dead by the time that happens anyway. It took 50 years for me to disentigrate the last time. Let's see, that'd make Mr. Jim 112 years old. If I could talk I'd tell him how stupid he is.
   The drive started out easy enough, I was able to warm my engine before the dingaling popped my clutch on me, that helps. There wasn't very much traffic. I got plenty of stares from the people that were out though. I took Mr. Jim out to the hanger so he could put his new transmission dip stick into a 63 Galaxie he is restoring. I don't mind him restoring another car but I hope he doesn't think he's actually going to spend very much time in it after it's done. I won't stand for that.
  The trip back from the hanger was rewarding. I got to spin my tires a little. My engine actually reved to around 4 grand once or twice. I feel alive when he does that. That used to be a common thing between us. Now it's just every now and then. I'm look so forward to spring when the trips and car shows start again. Merry Christmas to all.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

F570RD

"I got to spin my tires a little" LOL,up here in Minnesota,its about all we can do.Sounds like ya had a good day.

shopratwoody

Very Cool. I need to do the same :003:
I hate blocksanding!

JimNolan

Well guys, I did it again. The roads were dry, the temp was around 30 degrees and the night was young. I felt so good I uncovered the 57 and took my honey out for dinner. Not one of these el-cheapo places, no sir. One of those " how do you want your hambuger cooked places". I rolled down main street looking at the cars reflection in the store windows. Have you ever done that, I feel pompas when I do but I enjoy it. There's a lot of difference in the night time between newer cars and classic cars. The light seems to be attracted to all the chrome and eligence of a classic car. There can be hundreds of cars around you but the classic car after dark seperates itself from all others. Unlike the little egg shaped pieces of plastic that they drive today. I think I'll just leave my car uncovered for awhile and hope it doesn't snow. I'm not through enjoying it yet. Jim

glen courier

Ha Ha, I must be in the right place, back in the early 70s I was driving my 59 ranch wagon and my buddy his 55 chev convertable and our girlfriends of the time wer laughing at us for looking in the store windows at the cars reflections.

shopratwoody

I hate blocksanding!

4banger

I label the new cars of today as different in color, all basically the same shape, the bottom line they remind me of " JELLY BEANS "  Our 57's have class, character, and personality.

RICH MUISE

I miss the days when you could identify the make and year of a vehicle in the dark by how the headlight reflected off the grille, or the shape and size of the tailights.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JimNolan

Guys,
   It just dawned on me after reading your responses that Glen Baldwin was right when he wrote: "I must be in the right place". We do have a very good place where like minds can reminisce, get help with our problams and recieve inspiration. Tomorrow I'm going to put the steel wheels and whitewalls back on the car along with the fender skirts. I just can't leave that car alone. Jim

cool57

Quote from: glen baldwin on 2011-01-04 13:02
Ha Ha, I must be in the right place, back in the early 70s I was driving my 59 ranch wagon and my buddy his 55 chev convertable and our girlfriends of the time wer laughing at us for looking in the store windows at the cars reflections.

And most women can't pass a mirror without stopping :003: