News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

bleeding barakes

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2011-01-02 15:11

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

ok guys,  i'm going to try the gravity thing,  thanks for all the info,   jerry

geraldchainsaw

i was just watching TV because being in Detroit, its either shoveling the snow or the TV,    a show about trucks, one of the hot rod type shows,  i saw a product from motive products called the power bleeder,     what it looks like is a garden pressure spray tank with a pressure gage on it,  and various adaptors to fit what ever car or truck u have, same idea giving by 1 of the guys only using a pressurized tank,  not hooked up to a compressor,  if i get the right answers from the co i might just get one of them,    jerry

Frankenstein57

Jerry, I saw that too, looks like a nice tool. Last week I replaced the rear brake lines on my daughters sable, they rusted out. I tried the gravity method with beer, worked perfectly. Mark

cool57

Quote from: Frankenstein57 on 2011-02-02 20:28
Jerry, I saw that too, looks like a nice tool. Last week I replaced the rear brake lines on my daughters sable, they rusted out. I tried the gravity method with beer, worked perfectly. Mark
The beer is the key to success of this operation. :003:

JimNolan

Guys,
   While we're on bleeding brakes I need to ask a dumb question. If you have self adjusters on the rear brakes (drum) how do they work. By backing up and hitting the brakes or pulling you emergency brake lever. In either case I don't think my self adjusters work. I'm all the time ( @ 3 times a year ) adjusting them manually to restore full brake pedal. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

cool57

Quote from: JimNolan on 2011-02-02 21:08
Guys,
   While we're on bleeding brakes I need to ask a dumb question. If you have self adjusters on the rear brakes (drum) how do they work. By backing up and hitting the brakes or pulling you emergency brake lever. In either case I don't think my self adjusters work. I'm all the time ( @ 3 times a year ) adjusting them manually to restore full brake pedal. Jim

Backing up

wildhog

JIM, YOU NEED TO BACK UP AND STEP ON THE PEDAL AND RELEASE AND PRESS AGAIN , YOU ARE ONLY MOVING THE STAR WHEEL A SMALL CLICK AT A TIME. MAY TAKE A FEW TIMES TO GET THEM CLOSE. TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)