News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Outside Rear View Mirror Position

Started by Bubba, 2011-02-07 08:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba

Bros:
A while back I was trying to decide where to position the OEM style outside rear view mirrors on "Rosinanate". From the photos I've seen some were door mounted, some of the same style were fender mounted.
I was wondering if there was any direction from FOMOCO as to where they should be placed, fender or door.  After checking all the reference sources I could find I came up empty handed so I Emailed John Gambill.  As usual John had the answer.  The mirrors were a dealer installed option, and FOMOCO supplied dealers with a set of templates and instructions as to where the mirrors should be mounted.  No, John didn't have a set of the FOMOCO instructions and templates.  So if there's  anyone out there in 57 Ford land with a copy of the instructions I would love to get a copy of them.
BuBBa

cool57

I think fender mount was the factory plan-for styling I imagine. They sure don't help much out there.

alvin stadel

I never liked fender mounted mirrors they are always in the way when you want to do some tinkering, important stuff under the hood. take care, Alvin