News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Visors

Started by zetterberg, 2011-02-18 12:57

Previous topic - Next topic

zetterberg

Putting new visors in my ford and they come beige, how do I paint them.

Ford_Crazy

Are they vinyl or cardboard?  The stock visor (driver side only) in my 70A Custom is cardboard painted a dull gray.  I'm trying to match it right now.  Lots of suppliers sell vinyl paint.  I know NPD does.

RICH MUISE

A product I've had a great deal of sucess with is the SEM brand of "flexible color coatings". They come in rattle cans and are foung in most auto body supply shops, at least around here. The same product can be used on hard plastics, vinyl, velours, and even carpet. Three years ago I replaced a driver's side interior door handle on my sister in law's car with a wrong color one from a salvage yard. I repainted it using the sem's and a clearcoat, fully expecting the paint to be thoroughly scratched from rings and fingernails, but two years later it was still scratch free. I recolored some velour seats with it, getting some stiffness to the fabric when I was finished, but a brushing brought back the softness to original. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work even on the cardboard visors.  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford_Crazy

Thanks for the tip.  I finally got my windshield and will be doing battle with it this weekend.  Got a great deal from Auto City Classic at $269.00.  Picked it up at the Sumter County car show this morning.  Looks good...