News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Refurbishing Bob's 57 AGIN

Started by 57AGIN, 2011-02-16 19:20

Previous topic - Next topic

bossguy

57AGIN

Well Guys:

It looks like there may be a couple of new threads here.  I love the way this happens, as it surely can help expand our knowledge.  After I get done with our club site today I'm heading over to the JEGS site mentioned, as I haven't yet received any renderings from the PhotoShop work.  I'll also open a new topic on the Car Shows section for this years Knott's show.

This post will be on the passenger side front quarter panel needing repair.  A couple of days ago I received the front rear quarter panel from EMS.  Photo #1 is a shot of the damaged portion of the rear quarter panel when the car came back from media blasting.  Photo #2 is a shot of the EMS panel after being marked in masking tape for the amount of the panel required to repair the damaged portion of my 57.  When the damaged exterior portion of the rear quarter panel was removed, they found the inner portion of the damaged area to be in good shape .  They also saw that in order to get my larger rear tires and drag slicks into our very limited rear wheel area, I had trimmed and rounded the inner portion of the quarter panel (both the front & rear ones). Photo #3 is the front quarter panel after the bad portion has been repaired, but before any final pre-paint preparation has been done.

Does anyone need what is left of the EMS front quarter panel?  Let me know and if the shipping is paid, the remainder is yours.

Bob
57 AGIN

shopratwoody

Bob,
Don't you care about the wheels and tires? Just gonna buy new ones? :violent5:
I hate blocksanding!

57AGIN

Ron:

Santini asked me about whether I had some rollers to put on the car while it is in being painted.  I had to tell him, the only other tires & rims I have is a pair of MT Drag Radials mounted on Drag Stars.  I did have one very bad spare bias ply tire mounted on a on an original rim.  LOL.  But, I think the tires & rims will be OK, right now they are being covered when painting or blasting.  I hope!!!

Bob
57 AGIN 

shopratwoody

Just go to pick ur parts. I got 2 here if u want them.
I hate blocksanding!

57AGIN

Ron:

If I try to take off the rear wheels I need to drop the shackles, rear exhaust system, and shocks, then jack the car high enough to get the tires to clear the brake drums and longer lug bolts.  This is why when and if I ever have a flat on the way to a show or cruising, it involves a call to AAA for a tow either home or to a place where I can work on the car. (can't just jack the car up & change the wheels)  It's my fault for wanting the bigger wheel look, but I live with the decision.

Bob
57  AGIN