News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford wagon guys, stereo help......

Started by Roothawg, 2011-04-03 15:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Roothawg

I was moving along very nicely on the stereo install on the wagon and alas I pulled the left rear interior panel to install the last speaker......

Behind door number 1 we have a giant fuel filler cove that pretty much takes up the whole area I had planned on putting the speaker.
So what did you guys do?

I was wanting this to appear bone stock to keep the dumb ones out. I don't want a giant kicker box, for obvious reasons, but I am not seeing too many options here.

hogwagon

In the forum for members rides Meteor has some new pictures posted of the interior of his wagon that is quite the inspiration. I likehis speaker just behind the door. We are so far away from the interior that all input is great and his is beautiful.

Ford Blue blood

Shoot us a picture of the problem area....not sure I understand what is there....someone may have an idea, just need to look at the problem.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Roothawg

Mine is not that nice...... that's a top notch car.  Mine is a good driver, I want it to look pretty much stock.

I will post pics when I get a chance.  While we are talking about it, how are you mounting the front speakers?  I have a set of 1" spacers for the kick panels but it is gonna be close.

Ford Blue blood

I have put the mini speakers that come out of the doors (up by the windows) of late Birds and Mustangs in the kick panels, bigger Ford premium speakers in the doors and if you really have to have a big base mount it on the vertical sopports for the rear package tray and let it blast through the seat.  A friends son did this with a Mustang and the sound comes through really good (at least to these 64 year old ears).
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II