News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

70D business coupe

Started by fordaholic, 2011-04-03 17:44

Previous topic - Next topic

fordaholic

Guys; is there anyone that visits this fine site that has a business coupe or knows the fine details of how they came out of the factory? I keep coming up with little details that I am not sure of and I would like to get them rite as I move through my restoration. I have a one knob heater control that appears to have a factory black housing. The radio delete and clock delete are also black but they look like they may have been painted. Can anyone tell me what all the dash trim should be? Also, unlike all others I have seen my instrument panel  is black where others are chrome. Is this correct? It is very obvious that there was never chrome around this instrument panel.  My car started life in Arozona and was built in California. It was gunsmoke grey from head to toe includeing the dash body and all interior mouldings. Could it have been a military car ?  Any input would be appreciated.   Cheers  Gary

Bubba

Gary:
Suggest you get in touch with John Gambill at the 57 Fords web site.
John is pretty much a walking encyclopedia when it comes to 57 Fords.
You can also try Randy Connor, he may have a couple on his property and be able to answer your questions.  let me know if you need their Email addresses.
BuBBa

JPotter57

Both are members here and post from time to time.  John is jegsr and Randy is RLCPartman.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

fordaholic

Yes thanks I would like their email addresses.   You can send them to :   estaterc@sympatico.ca   and thanks; I am looking for all the information that I can gather on this car.     Gary

Ford_Crazy

Randy's email address is RLCpartman@aol.com .  He has a number of business coupes and should be able to answer any questions you may have.  There's a rusted out one in our neighborhood, but most of the parts are gone.

Bubba

Email addresses etc on their way to you via your Email address.
BuBBa