News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

quarter panel trim

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2011-04-08 07:57

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

ok,   awhile back i was talking about removing the quarter panel trim, on top of fin,    it wasn't as easy as i made it out to be,    after all the years and probly many quarter panel repairs,  things change,  as well as the mounting brackets,   but i've come up wwith another way of mounting the trim,   i still had to take out the seats and side panels,   rermemeber this is a convertable,  and while i was cleaning out some of the sand from other repairs i found a spot on a inside panel, with the top down,  that you can cut out to get to one of the mounting holes for the trim,  but u have to be careful,   1/2" drill bit to start the hole, a baby grinder to make the hole a little bigger then a sawsall  and then back to the baby grinder,  ending up with a hole about  4"wide to about 6" long,   now i have easy  axcess  to the mounting stud,   might as well add more to this subject,   i worked all the dings and dents out of the trim,  which is always lots of fun,   and i'm also having the pot metal that takes the boot cover that holds the snaps,   and thats costing around 375.   seems like when ever were having things done to our cars its always at least more then 300 bucks,  some day i just might have my car finished,  but then again,  if we didn 't like what we do,    Jerry