News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Fun day

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2011-05-08 12:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Not 57 related but very cool.  T-dega opened the track to run 5 laps for $50 behind a pace truck with the proceeds going to the Red Cross for the tornado victims.  We did get up to 115.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Really cool.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Running that high banked track gives a new appreciation for the skill level of those guys!  I did two years of SCCA B production in 71 & 72, had a ball, was very good but never had the opportunity to do the big track thing.  Got the ol juices flowing again  :003: and that worries me......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Frankenstein57

I agree with the skill appreciation, my friend invited me to Elkhart Lake Wisconsin last summer for a ride along. This is the famous Road America road course. He is an instructor for SCCA, he gets track time in exchange for his driving instruction. The early session I rode in his 09 shelby, very cool, 165 mph plus on the main straight. In the afternoon session I rode in a Zo6 vette, fully road race prepped, 410 dart engine, big ol tires and wheels, man what an experience. I used to get bored easily watching a road race, its unreal how hard they flog these cars. Mark