News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Oil leak, Help needed

Started by Custom 300, 2007-04-29 06:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom 300

I have a 57 Custom 300 with a freshly complete overhauled 272. My problem is that it lost a certain quantity of oil by the crankcase draft outlet tube while running and after. Is it a common problem? Is there someone knowing Y block that can help me?

shopratwoody

Check to see if there is a filter in the cannister where it attaches to the block. Haven't had one
for 40 yrs, but I remember a filter in there.
Actually a baffle. good luck, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

57 Ford Kustom

There is a drain tube in the breather check for blockage. Another fix is to remone it and use a PVC valve, also make sure the oil filer/breather cap is not pluged. And as Ron stated make sure there is a filter in it.

T 8)M   :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Custom 300

Thanks everybody, everything is there and work fine. Maybe the oil rings are not the good one or have been badly instal?

RAWms

Something you might consider is installing a PCV to help relieve pressure in the oil pan.  At another site I visit , Hotrodders.com, they convinced me to put back all of the PCV valves I removed from my cars.  Interestingly enough the person who built the Ranchero motor (And who was a drag record holder in the mid-80s) recommended I install one so I did.   While minuscule performance if I can keep 'em from leaking I'm a happy guy.

r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

Custom 300

Thanks everybody, in fact the filter in the drain tube was blocked :deadhorse:. Now everything work fine :001:.