News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

drag racing

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2011-05-19 14:48

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

who is the drag racer on our forum?,    have a question  for him,  unless someelse can answer my question.      swhen a person is running nitrious,  at the line he lets go of a puff of steam or air whatever it is,   whats happening???????????,   thanks

wv 57s forever

getting the air out of the system

JPotter57

He is purging the air from the nitrous lines so that pure N2O is going into the engine.  Plus it puts on a cool show for the crowd.  In the early days of N2O, there were no purges, you just ran it.  I've see guys at Cruise Ins go through a 15 lb bottle, just purging for the crowds...everyone is like, "oh wow, nawse", or wankster speak for N2O or nitrous.  Give me a turbocharger any day, or barring that, a supercharger.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

glen b henderson

Good old atmospheric pressure for me! For you guys that have not checked it out yet, look at my iron headed 292 block over on the y block site. Over 400 hp and over 400 lbft with no power adders and there is more in it with some intake work and a cam change.
Freedom is not Free

geraldchainsaw

theres so many guys on this forum,  theres only a few i can remember,   but 1 of us i think he has a black ranchero  either does or use to, hits he track quite a bit,   any one know who i'm talking about????????????????????????????

wildhog

Gerald, I think you meen Shop rat, he used to drag race a black 57 ranchero, I don't think he races it any more. I should have my Lincoln powered Ranchero on the strip by mid July if all goes well. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

RICH MUISE

Tom...Not to sidetrack this post, but must have missed previous posts on your project...whatcha building? Lincoln?  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

shopratwoody

Gerald,
Yes I raced mine for many years. Had a 427 cu in Ford engine. It ran 116 mph @ 11;60 ET.(without nitrous)
Ran nitrous for a couple years before I built a better engine. It was a bandaid for a tired engine
for awhile. We did not to the purge act back then. Ran it a little rich and two fuel systems, one for
the nitrous so I didn't lean out and the normal fuel system also. Had a button on the floor shifter for
the stuff. Hell, I had friends that just hooked it to the horn ring. :003:
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

wildhog

Rich, I started to build the ranchero with a 427 small block windsor, after a few trips to Columbus Ohio for the Y-block shoot-out, I decided to use a y-block so I could play with these guys. IN the mid 60's my dad built me a 57 sunliner with a 57 Lincoln 368. So I am trying to relive my youth!!!!
engine is a 380c.i. Lincoln y-block m335 dual quad intake and n.o.s. 57 Lincoln McCulloch supercharger, trans is a built c-4 that Sparky had to do a lot of machine work to make fit the old bellhousing. This is going to be real old school! The clay smith cam failed on the Dyno. and ate the lifters and bearings, so we have had a few week set back. I will send you a couple of pictures of the engine and supercharger set up. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

RICH MUISE

Old school hot rod Lincoln...sounds awesome Tom. Man, you gotta be kiddin' me...where the heck do you find something like a n.o.s. '57 McCullough Supercharger??
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

1957 Ranch Joe

1957 Ranch Joe

Go fast or go home

1957 Ranch Joe

go

1957 Ranch Joe

go

1957 Ranch Joe

go