News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

4 speed on the column

Started by JimNolan, 2011-06-10 18:33

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Has anyone ever heard of a 4 speed on the column with a reverse lever under the dash. There's a 61 Fairlane on Ebay that the guy doesn't know if it came from the factory or was a custom creation. I saw the car on Youtube and it is a 4 speed on the column. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

hogwagon

I have only heard of one car that I can say came with a column shift 4 speed and that was a Rolls Royce Silver Cloud that Car Craft popped the hubcaps off of and cleared out the bar then ran it at the drag strip in the late 60's or possibly 1970.

JPotter57

Randy Connor has a 57 E code Fairlane that he put a toploader 4 speed into, with the stock column shifter and uses the overdrive cable to operate reverse.  Pretty cool, but I'd rather have the floor shifter.  His floors, well, the whole car was rust free, so it was worth not cutting on it.  I dont think Ford ever offered.it on anything though.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

canadian_ranchero

i have a 1957 hillman minx[long story how i got it]it has a 4speed on the column from the factory

lowrider

Guy in high school (64-67) had a Fiat with a 4sp column shift

Ford Blue blood

I have seen Randy's set up....looks perfectly stock and works slick as can be!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II