News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

headlights

Started by RICH MUISE, 2011-07-23 08:57

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

What have you guys done, if anything to upgrade the headlights? I have read a few articles on different types of halogen..most requiring an upgrade to the wiring supply circuit. Many of the reports I've read state the conversion was not worth the expense, or that some were better than others (mostly supplier's reports that have to be taken with a grain of salt). Any good or bad experiences out there?  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JimNolan

Rich,
   I use the original headlights because of having to add relays etc. with higher amprerage bulbs. But, I haven't hit anything yet that I didn't see first. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

RICH MUISE

That's funny...it's always good to be prepared for the impact. When I order my wiring harness, I'll provide for the necessary upgrades....but as I had said in my initial post..I had heard varying results with conversions, so I'm just not sure of which is the best way to go..if any changes at all.

canadian_ranchero

i have used the haligon lights for years with no problems.just the std ones not the high power ones

Zapato

Quote from: canadian_ranchero on 2011-07-23 11:22
i have used the haligon lights for years with no problems.just the std ones not the high power ones

Done the same on my 51, will do that in the 57

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

canadian_ranchero

if you stay with the std halagons you will not need to change the wiring and will get better lights than the non halagon ones

RICH MUISE

cool...in fact I think I had already put them on my '57 when I was driving it 6 years ago...I still have them on my shelf..and I wouldn't have kept standard bubs.