News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 shoot out

Started by wv 57s forever, 2011-09-05 09:37

Previous topic - Next topic

wv 57s forever

Thank you, John Gambill for putting up money for shootout.

Thank you, Bob Martin for money for shootout, and for all you do that is not so easily seen, without you there wouldn't be a shootout.

Thank you James for this web site, and your friendship, wish you had been there miss talking to you.

JPotter57

Allan, I really missed being there this year, but there was just too much going in.  Hopefully, we will have the deal finished with my mother in laws estate, and we can get on with life.  I picked up a running 292 from Bill Krueger (fordblueblood) this weekend, and it will power my Custom until I can get my 312 done, maybe this winter.  I still have a bunch of body work, interior, wiring, etc, but I would like to at least get started on the short block assembly.
On another note, my dad went and checked out a couple 57 Fairlanes this weekend, and will be getting the one from Glen Henderson.  We wont be able to pick it up until dad comes back down at the end of the month for Cruisin the Coast.  Funny thing is, him being a restomod type of guy, he's keeping the 292 and actually leaving it pretty much alone.  It will get disk brakes and maybe later some kind of overdrive trans.  I cant wait to see my dad.in a 57 Ford....awesome.  Thanks a ton Glen Henderson, we had a great visit Saturday, wish we could have all been at Columbus together.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

glen b henderson

Really enjoyed meeting your dad James, hope he enjoys the Fairlane and has a lot of fun with it. Maybe getting it out of my way will motivate me to get back on the Custom now that the Falcon is finished. Get yours ready and we will make the trip to Hebron together next year. Chuck Cline and Pegleg Rice have reported in on the Y block site, just waithing on Charlie and Ted to start posting up some pictures. By the way Ted ran 8.90's with his roadster and was having to baby it off the line.
Freedom is not Free

JPotter57

Yeah, I've been watching the Y site like a hawk, waiting for any pictures to show up, lol.  I hope to be able to make the trip with you next year, should have my `57 at least driving, maybe in sealer or paint, doubt I'll have the interior done though.  Too much stuff to get done in just a year, lol...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.