News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 repair panel (under tail lights)

Started by Limey57, 2011-09-03 03:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Limey57

Does anyone make a repair panel for under the tail lights?  I suppose I could fabricate one but I wanted to save time because theres a lot of curves in it (and save bondo!!!!).
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Limey..EMS makes the rear panel for the passenger cars...I've never seen anything for the rancheros though.
Your best shot may be a guy from Waukesha, Wisconsin (Frankenstein57's home area), who advertises on ebay a bunch. He carries a lot of old stock, some being made currently, and a bunch that are not. From my experience, alot of his panels are good, some are a little suspect quality, but if that's all that's available you don't have much choice. I've been told most of the panels made in the 60's and 70's were not made very well, and alot of his stuff is typical from that era. I believe he's  very upfront about the description of his stuff,as far as what he knows. imho there's no way he can verify how well these older panels will fit. I would think if the panels you are looking for panels were ever made, he'd be your best shot. Sorry I don't have an email address for him, maybe Mark has some contact info for him. Rich
P.S. My experience with his panels included the front fender top cap panels which fit well except for the steps on the inner edges for the hood recess, and the headlight surround which was really badly formed. The headlight surrounds looked like they were a multi stage forming that never got the final stages.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Limey57

Thanks Rich.  I think I've seen some fo the Wisconsin guy's panels, he had some wheel arch repair panels listed a while ago.  I'll drop him a mail & see what he says.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Frankenstein57

If you look at my ranchero in the under construction column of the gallery, I located that piece in the Arizona area, then we grafted it on. Still going to require some bodywork to make it look good. The guy in Waukesha has access to alot of stuff, mostly old stock. I bought complete rear quarters, quality seems good but I have not installed them as yet.  Mark