News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Colour breaks etc?

Started by Limey57, 2011-11-03 07:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Limey57

From looking at the many pictures online of 57 Ranchero's I notice that the location of the colour breaks tends to vary.  Also, while I know that the factory built trucks wouldn't have been painted underneath, I'm building mine to a high standard (hopefully!) and it will be painted everywhere.

My guideline for colour locations has been the car in the link below (not sure if the owner is on here?), can anyone confirm that the colour breaks are correct?  Also, the owner has painted the underside the same colour as the bed interior/main colour, is this considered "correct"?  The main body shell on mine is progressing rapidly and I need to start thinking about colours etc.

Thanks

http://www.jerrysclassiccars.com/1957_ranchero%20resto.htm
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Ford Blue blood

Jerry's is a top of the line restorer, I would expect his breaks on it to be correct as the breaks he puts on the Retractables and Sunliners he does are correct.  My Retractable had white on the underside, it was very spotty, couldn't tell if it was fully painted or over sprayed, there was no consistancy to the pattern.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Lou

"Also, the owner has painted the underside the same colour as the bed interior/main colour, is this considered "correct"? "

Yes.

Frankenstein57

Limey, I've seen those lines and another combo which would have the tailgate the same rose trim color. I prefer the lines they chose. I've seen the stainless strips for sale referred to as paint separators. I'm not sure about the wheel wells. You would probably need a color trim chart to identify which models were painted which way. That's a beautiful build, do they have it on any other sites?   Mark

Limey57

Thanks Guys.  I found the site through a Google search and while the colours wouldn't have been my first choice, the quality of the work is stunning.

Mark, I too wondered about the tailgate as the majority of the ones I've seen before would have had the tailgate in coral:

Compared to:

As I haven't got the paint seperator trims seen below, I think I'll go the more common route.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

62galxe

my wagon appears to have the factory paint. it color breaks at the strips like your last pik.