News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Another header question

Started by jdlafayette, 2011-10-24 19:02

Previous topic - Next topic

jdlafayette

Hello, I have a 390 and a toploader for my 57 hardtop. I have read allot about headers from FPA and crites on 57 fordsforever.
I was at the Stafford Springs swap meet in Ct. recently and found a set of FE headers. The kid said they were Mustang and never used. When I looked up pictures on the net the closest match i found was F150 headers but not 100% sure. I paid $150 for them on a gamble. My question is has anyone ever modified F150 390 headers to fit? I know it's the harder way , but i don't mind the work. My labor is free to me and TV sucks.  Thanks, John

62galxe

I cant answer your question but post some before and after piks. Im fixing to have the problem of exhaust on mine.

shopratwoody

All you can do is cut them apart and see what will work.
I hate blocksanding!

jdlafayette

Hello, Just wanted to say more about the headers i bought. I think they are F150 . They don't even close to fit!  Anyplace they can hit they hit. I put the engine and trans in (390 - 4-speed) to see what stuff needs to be done. I will probably go with maddog or crites full length headers.
take care all.

shopratwoody

figured that much. I ran full length for yrs.  Long as the car is high enough. I run the shorter ones
now with the car being so low.
I hate blocksanding!