News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Fuel pump woes

Started by sprink88, 2012-05-29 08:16

Previous topic - Next topic

sprink88

I have a brand new mechanical fuel pump with the vacuum. Yet I am starving for fuel but now at highway speeds. It does not fill up the fuel filter at all, but you can see it pumping into there. So now I am going to put in a Holley "red" this week. Anyone ever had any problems with it? I have to be done for my first show Sat and then going to the last Ford plant picknik Sun. What should I power the pump off of on the ignition switch. I forgot the letters and which one is the "on" letter
~Chris

F570RD

Float level to low?I had vapor lock problems years back and installed a pulse type electric pump and ran it through the mechanical to regulate it.Worked well.

sprink88

Gas is just below the bowl plug, when running normal. I also would guess no vapor lock, the lines are FAR away from heat and don't feel warm when running.
~Chris

gasman826

Make sure a mud dobber hasn't plugged your gas tank vent!  Pop the gas cap after driving to see if there was a vacuum.