News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Body Bolts How To Hold Washers?

Started by 512Fairlane, 2012-08-17 21:13

Previous topic - Next topic

512Fairlane

What's the best way to hold the washer/nuts that hold the body on?  I'm pulling the body off the frame tomorrow and the washers are spinnning.  Should I just torch them off and buy new ones?

RICH MUISE

I would, since you're probably going to have to replace the rubber components anyway. Since you're pulling the body off it sounds like you're trying to do a thorough job of it . The mounting kits are available thru most of the major distributors, but unless things have changed, what everybody sells is the kit manufactured by Dennis Carpenter. Make sure you can latch on to a set asap so you know you can get them. When I bought mine 2 or 3 years ago, everybody was out of them until DC had some more run..and that was almost a year.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

512Fairlane

We got the body off yesterday.  Had to cut about 5 bolts but it wasn't too bad.  Do the Dennis Carpenter kits come with all of the bolts and rubber pieces required?  Even the rearmost bolts by the rear bumper?

RICH MUISE

Yes they do, but I believe you can buy the components individually...although I'm not sure why you'd want to. About 200. for the complete set.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe