News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

checkout of temp gage

Started by RICH MUISE, 2012-09-05 09:21

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Is there any way to check out the stock temp gage while it is removed from the car? I ran into a fellow in Phoenix with a 57 fairlane that needs a temp gage, and I have my old one that I pulled from my car 5 or 6 years ago..just wanted to check it out before I mailed it to him.
Also, along the same lines, are there any recommended rebuilding services for the stock gages?
Thanks guys.
I'm trying to show this guy how valuable this website is.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Hoosier Hurricane

Rich:

Per the '57 shop manual, apply 3 volts dc (two 1 1/2 volt dry cells in series) across the two gauge terminals.  Gauge should read approximately 1/2 scale.

John

gasman826

Bob's Speedometer
bobsspeedometer.com
Howell, MI
Great place!

Slimjim652

Gasman do you know what kind of price range Bob's has?

gasman826

I visited the shop a few years ago.  Very impressive!  The quality of restorations is superior.  Super in-house inventor and workmanship.  Great ideas for custom reworking of obsolete technology.  Old clocks updated with quartz movements but look original.  They redo a '57 instrument cluster with oil pressure and voltmeter gauges to look like Henry did it.  The only thing that I have had them do was a custom speedometer cable.  I don't remember what it cost but I do remember how impressed I was with the service and how cheap it was.  When I start putting my dash together, I will look to Bob's to outfit the gauges, clock, and any other issue that comes along.

www.bobsspeedometer.com/

lowrider

X2 What Gasman says. He's been around forever. I remember seeing his shop on Grand River in Detroit back in the late 50's & 60's. Dont remember when he moved to Howell. Phone #'s 800-592-9673  810-632-0400

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Hoosier Hurricane on 2012-09-06 09:45
Rich:

Per the '57 shop manual, apply 3 volts dc (two 1 1/2 volt dry cells in series) across the two gauge terminals.  Gauge should read approximately 1/2 scale.

John
John...forgot to thank you for the info. I was suppose to meet up with him again before I left Phoenix, but he didn't show, so I don't have a contact # to reach him at anyway. Good info to know anyways
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe