News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

How do the fender skirts attach?

Started by johns2000, 2012-10-22 09:17

Previous topic - Next topic

johns2000

Thinking of buying a pair of 57 fender skirts, can someone here who has them explain how thet attach to the wheel well before I purchase?

wildhog

You have to drill a couple of holes in the bottom edge of your wheel well opening for 2 alingment pis, then the skirts just go into the wheel opening and a folding arm on the back of the skirt locks them into place. very easy to do. I some time run my skirts, some times I take them off and it really changes the look of the car. Hope this helps Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

johns2000

Thanks Tom. Is it pretty much self explanatory once I have or see the skirts up close? If not cpuld you post a pic maybe?

sprink88

I didn't feel comfortable with the alignment pins and the friction hold down. So I made mine wing nuts which you can't see very well. And I feel more comfortable driving then.
~Chris

johns2000

sprink88

Sure, I will go out and pull it out and take a couple
~Chris

sprink88

Ok, now I do have the "cruiser" style skirts. They are a little beat up, but will get repaired as I work on the car (they came with the car).

On the car

The wing nuts

Off the car 

and the little piece of aluminum I needed for the front, It doesn't go under the car, so I needed something.
~Chris

johns2000

Hey thanks Sprink88. I think the ones I was looking at are called flush mount?

sprink88

ahh, yes. Well sorry, I wish I could help you better.
~Chris

gasman826

Holes were already there from the factory for OEM skirts.  I cut the lips for tire clearance or I would have pictures.

RICH MUISE

Also, I do believe different manufacturers used different mounting methods, so the "how" will depend on which you end up with.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

johns2000

THanks everyone fpr the info. Does anyone have the flush mount or know where I can get or see the brackets they use to attach them?

Hi Skool Hairy

Hi- by flush mount I assume you are talking about regular skirts that fit only inside the fender well and not the 60" cruiser skirts. Check with Fender Skirt Depot 1-800-642-5968 (Ca. time)  A guy by the name of Bill I think is the owner, he deals strickly in fender skirts and maybe able to answer all your questions.

johns2000