News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 ranchero update

Started by len, 2012-12-14 19:33

Previous topic - Next topic

len

just an update on the ranchero.on nov 9 when i gave my last update i was just painting the bare frame now diff has been rebuilt and installed with all new bushings. front suspension has all been rebuilt with new bushings and ball joints,aod trans has been rebuilt.302 was stripped to block and heads and everything cleaned and painted. engine and trans is installed in frame and almost ready to start.body is on rotissary and has about 10 of the 25 rust repair panels cut out and installed. fuel tank has been split and am installing a ford injected pump and sender and taking out the dished top and installing a flat top on the tank for more fuel. will also do the same to the body so it all fits.suspension has all been installed except for r and p.i am sort of on trac for a finish date of late next year.len

RICH MUISE

Thanks for the update..you're moving right along on it. Things getting cold up your way yet? Are you using the fuel pump from the CV?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57 Ford Kustom

Len,
   It sounds like you have been a busy beaver! My progress would be further, if my paycheck went further! LOL :003: Great job!
Thanks,
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

len

hey rich.i am not gonna use the crown vic pump as i dont like the way it fits in the tank. am gonna use one from a 1991 f150 instead, its shallower and i think by bending the suction and return tubes at the bottom of the pump i can get the depth almost perfect to use the fuel sender that comes with the pump at the same time.i havent figured out yet if i also have to run a frame mounted pump as well cause i am not sure what pressure the in tank pump has. they tell me i gotta pump 45 lbs psi for the injectors to open.one of the advantages to owning your own wrecking yard is you have almost unlimited parts to try for a fit.as to the weather it is warm here.we are about 135 miles southeast of calgary in a chinook zone. dont know if you know what a chinook wind is but it can be 25 below farenhite and you can look to the west and see what is called a chinook band,meaning there is a solid cloud cover coming with a wind behind it.these winds blow anywhere from 20 to 60 miles per hour and can make the temp rise from 20 below zero to 45 above in as little as 15 minutes. you can actually see the thermometer rising.the downside is the damn wind blows about half the time here and can do quite a bit of damage, they actually close a highway north of me when the chinook hits as it flips tractor trailer units over as they head north and south. chinook always blows west to east.sometimes as you travel this short stretch of highway after a chinook if they dont close the highway quick enough you can see 4 or 5 overturned units.it can get bitter cold here. 40 below zero but that is truely the exception not the norm and it only last a few days. maybe happens once or twice a winter.sorry about such a lengthy weather report but its kind interesting.len

Ford Blue blood

The Crown Vic pump will give you all you need no problem.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II