News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

door vent glass

Started by clusterbuster, 2012-12-13 18:11

Previous topic - Next topic

clusterbuster

Sent my door division bar out for a new channel and soon  will have to take the vent glass out of the frame and replace it. Anyone have some good tips for getting the glass out of the chrome frame. One guy I talked to said to soak it in acetone and then try. Thanks in advance.

RICH MUISE

As old as that sealant is, they should come out easily. Try the acetone thing...I did mine 3 or 4 years ago, and did a lengthy post on the whole window channel  which I'm trying to locate. Hold on a bit, and I'll get back.
P.S. hope you sent the vent window rear seal out with your divider..it gets riveted to the divider at the same time as the window channel.
#2 P.S. In all likelyhood, your vent window frame is stainless, not chrome. Now would be a good time to get it restored and buffed out. I think we had one guy, don't remember which model he had, that said his were OEM chrome...one of those quirky Ford supplier things.
I found it and bumped it to the top. It's in the General Tech board...LOL...that was about the 10th post I ever did here.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

clusterbuster

Thanks Rich. Believe it or not I took the division bar down to the Pennsylvania Fall  Carlisle show on October 3rd for a company to take back to their shop and put the channel in and also supply me with the channel that goes over the top and down the back.  In my wildest dreams did I ever think that it would take this long to get it fixed up. He called me today and said what you indicated, that I need the rubber that rivets to it as well. Now it will be another two weeks for him to get that in. They are over whelmed with work. I was wondering if I would ever get the stuff back, so now things are finally looking up. I will check out your post. Merry Christmas to you and yours.