News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

end of season

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2012-12-09 18:02

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

well it looks like another year has passed,  seasons all over,  finished all my painting,  repairs,  put the battery in trickle charge,  checked antifreeze etc,  now its time to do some serious couch time,  probly won't be doing much posting,  just reading the posts.   have 2 guys coming to look at the 51,  with luck maybe i'll sell it this time,  been good chatting with u guys,  catch u next year.     jerry

57 Ford Kustom

Jerry,
   Have a great winter Jerry, God bless.
Thanks,
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

RICH MUISE

LOL...whatscha mean "catch you next year"?..winter means more time to spend here...look at all the posts I do waiting for my garage to warm up.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

F570RD

"look at all the posts I do waiting for my garage to warm up".I get a separate letter from the gas company comparing me to the neighbors usage.They want one of their techs to look into the (problem) I seem to be having.The snow blower fired right up yesterday..lol

robhaerr

In Southern California...there is no "end of season". We pay extra for that.

Cheers...

Rob

RICH MUISE

15 degrees here this morning in TEXAS..d'ya think this would be a good time to talk to the wife again about moving to Phoenix?

briney

Rich - YES !!! it is too cold here !!
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

geraldchainsaw

i don't get it,  i thought it was supposed to be hot down in Tx,   its sure farther down then michigan

RICH MUISE

LOL.... Texas is big enough to have multiple climate zones...my wife was unfortunate enough to be born in the wrong one...I think Austin would have been nice. Where I lived in Colorado the climate zones were on a verticle level..here it's horizontal!

suede57ford

It was 30deg and snowed last night here in Lubbock, TX.  By this afternoon all signs of bad weather are gone  I really apprciate the fact that I can get one of the old cars out normally a few days a week year round.  I'm gonna have to run the heater inthe shop a bunch of days for the next few months. The down side is our regular dust storms can force the cars inside anytime of the year here.

I grew up in Nebraska and remeber that once the major snow came it never went away until spring.   I hated the months that dad could not take use for rides in the '57's.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

Frankenstein57

We had some spotty snow Sunday night, noticed some salt on the roads in Milwaukee today. Might be time to put her away till spring........... :005: