News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

California DMV Classic Car License Plates.

Started by 57tudor, 2012-12-30 18:37

Previous topic - Next topic

57tudor

Hi Guys & Gals,

For those of you living in California and have been wanting to replace your damaged, faded, corroded or rusted out license plates on your 50's, 60's, 70's, classic car, now is your chance to order plates from the California DMV starting Jan 1st, 2013 through 2015. Cost is $50.00 for the plates. Go to this link and bookmark it.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/newsrel/newsrel12/2012_20.htm

Rick.
57 Tudor
:unitedstates:[/font]

hiball3985

The way I read it there won't be any until 2015, and only after 7500 are sold. If they don't sell that amount the fee will be refunded.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

rmk57

There's 35 million people in the great state of California, surely they should be able to get 7500 applicants. I"m in Vancouver and I'd go for replacing my beat up Black and yellow plates.

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

57tudor

From what I'm reading it clearly states,

"California Legacy License Plates Available for Pre-Order January 1, 2013"

So get your order in before January 1, 2015 so every one that needs a set and I'm with you rmk57 will have the opportunity of a lifetime to get a set of new plates. I don't see it being a problem to get 7500 orders.

Rick,
57 Tudor
:unitedstates:

dgasman

The way I read it these plates are for any year vehicle registered in ca .this is great for people who do not have YOM plates on their cars that the DMV charges an extra fee for every year. I have black plates on my ranchero so for $50.00 I can now have the yellow with black print like it would of had when it was new. This is a great deal. I have two vehicles that I pay extra DMV fees to have my yellow plates on. I think these things will sale like hot cakes just with the old car and even the Hotrod crowd . There is a market that sales " for display only " plates that are identical to ca issued plates in the yellow ,black and blue colors with your numbers and cost a few Hundred dollars . Yes they are illegal but you can't prove the state didn't make them they are that good.
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

hiball3985

NAH! This is just another program for Jerry Brown and his bunch to conveniently track down the cars they want off the road  :005: :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang