News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Just found for sale 57 Custom 300...

Started by robhaerr, 2013-01-08 10:48

Previous topic - Next topic

robhaerr

57 Ford Kustom

What's with all those bullet hole stickers? Ruined the looks of the car. If you want bullet holes, then make bullet holes!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

gasman826

First car might be OK but the ad text sound like someone talking out their ass...where's a power butt wipe when you need it.

I was kinda groovin' with the second one.  Bullet holes and all.  At least the stick on bullet holes can be peeled off.

Not to change the subject any more than it already has, but did you ever fix a bullet hole.  A lot harder than I thought!

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: gasman826 on 2013-01-08 15:37
Not to change the subject any more than it already has, but did you ever fix a bullet hole.  A lot harder than I thought!

Yes, 28 of them in a 66 Failane 500 2dr ht.  Not a panel on the car that didn't have a bullet hole in it.  Funny thing, not a single piece of glass was broken or chipped.  Fellow that bought the car thought it would be no big deal to fix the holes, just hammer them flat and weld.....ya right.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ecode70D

That blue and white one looks more like a custom than a fairlane  hardtop as it is stated in the ad.
JA

Zapato

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2013-01-08 16:42
That blue and white one looks more like a custom than a fairlane  hardtop as it is stated in the ad.
JA

Yup! Not a Fairlane or a hardtop............ see this kind of thing all the time.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2013-01-08 16:42
JA
It's amazing how many time you see that from classic car dealers. Apparently all fords are Fairlanes to some. What got me was the opening "all original" line, then went for 2 paragraphs on all the painting and changes that had been done to it. May be a great car, but the ad needs rewriting.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Zap
  How did you do that quote with the gray background?  I did it once and couldn't do it again.
JA

Frankenstein57

If memory serves,the term" rock crusher" used to be a certain GM 4-speed

sprink88

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2013-01-08 17:11
Zap
  How did you do that quote with the gray background?  I did it once and couldn't do it again.
JA

Ecode, hit the quote button in the desired message
~Chris

Zapato

just like sprink88 said and I just delete any part of the message between the quote marks that I don't want.

Zapato

Ecode70D

just like sprink88 said and I just delete any part of the message between the quote marks that I don't want.

Zap and Sprinkle88  Thanks  I hope I get it right this time.

Rich  It is amazing how they get away with making false ads like calling a custom a Fairlane hardtop.
JA

Zapato

[quote

Zap and Sprinkle88  Thanks  I hope I get it right this time.

[/quote]

try,try again

ok! now i'm doing it your way,what the heck!
Zapato