News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

email alert...don't open any that said were from me

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-01-08 21:39

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Looks like we got hit again...Guys, if anybody sees an email with a notation that it's from  me...it's not from me... don't open it. I got alot of spam on my emais today...didn't open any of them. hope there's no problems with anyone. apparently they are getting into our email records, so it could affect anyone I have been sending emails to. 
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Rich, you need to add a simple blocker to your contact list. it works against most phishing programs.

add a contact like this        aaaaaaaaaaaa@aaaaaaaaaaa          its unreadable to most the programs and being nothing but a's  its at the top of your list. So when it runs into gets confused and leaves.  An IT at Boeing clued me into that years ago and so far so good.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Thanks for the tip...any contact list that may be in my computer is one that the computer has generated on it's own...I'll see if I can figure out where it's at. Yesterday, when you guys told me to check my email, Yahoo mail had already sent me a warning saying they thought my email had been comprimised, and suggested a change of password, which I did.

hiball3985

I've seen this happen to a number of people I know at another forum and it's always people who have Yahoo accounts.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

wildhog

Rich, Looks like you got me. I can't send or recieve emails off my charter site. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

RICH MUISE

Tom..sorry you got snagged..not all that sure it was from me though..have we emailed each other?? did you receive an email that said it was from me? I haven't had any problems here, wonder if Bill or Zap have had problems.

Zapato

No problems here, but I didn't open the e-mail. Never open any that have no subject no matter who it comes from.

Zapato

RICH MUISE

My brother opened "from me", and turns out it was an ad from a company for "rasberry drops"...some type of a dieting thing. Unless it is a huge coincedence, my wife had been ordering them on line, so I suspect that company is somehow getting into our e-mailing list and expanding their online advertising with unauthorized use of their clients mailing lists.....may have nothing to do with what you and Bill got, but it happened on the same day. I think this all started last year when Bill was using a relatives computer away from home. Anyway, haven't heard from Bill, so far Tom seems to be the only one affected, so I'm not sure if it's related. That I remember it's been over a year, maybe 2, since I emailed Tom about some parts he was looking for.

Ford Blue blood

No problem here, didn"t open it.  You have to open the link to get the "bug".
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Zapato

Rich,

G-mail asks you for a ''subject'' if you try to send without one. I could read something about sue kitchen on my screen and that besides the no subject warning kept me from opening. I use a yahoo account only for junk and g-mail for what's important. Try g-mail believe you'll be happy.

Zapato

wildhog

Rich, It was the same rasberry drops ad. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)