News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Steering column color question

Started by ECODE70D57FORD, 2007-10-18 19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

ECODE70D57FORD

I have a real cheapo model 57 Ford business coupe.   I have the correct gray color for the dash and garnish (I think).    My question is should the steering column and steering wheel on a 57 Custom business coupe be dash color or is it black?  I seem to think that the 2Dr. 57 Ford Custom Mass State police car that we bought almost new in 1958 had a gray dash and black steering column.  There must be someone out there that has the right answer.   I don't have any books to check this out.  Thanks in advance for the help.
Jay

57 Ford Kustom

Jay  :006:   
    My custom 300 has a green interior and a black steering column and wheel. Also my sons custom 300 has a blue interior with a black steering column and wheel.

T 8)M  :unitedstates:  :burnout:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

smurfee

My 57 fordor custom has a gray dash & black column, my friends tudor business coupe had a gray dash & black column, SMURFEE  :icon_bigsmurf:
NEVER LOOK BACK

wolfpupsdad

mine is a white dash with black steering column

FORDNUT

I have owned 6 57's and all were originally black. A couple had been repainted another color, but I believe that all were black from the factory.
At my age I am not required to act mature.

ECODE70D57FORD

Fellow 57fordsforever members.  Thanks to all of you for your response and help with my steering column color question.   I  located a complete original 57 Ford three speed  steering column to replace the wrong one that was put in my car years ago by some hot rodder  that wanted to "FIX IT UP" when he installed an automatic transmission.  When he did that, all he did was cut the clutch pedal off under the dash and leave most of the linkage in place. I have located most of the missing and cut off pieces.
     Because of your help, my  steering column and steering wheel will be painted black.
Thanks again Jay in Mass.

custom300fe

I have a feeling the column should be semi gloss black and the wheel gloss black.

Gerry

Custom 300 2dr
390 + 30
Edelbrock Heads
Ported Street Dominator, 750 DP
Crites 2" Long tube Headers
C-6
3:55 Trac-Loc