News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

painting

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2013-01-28 10:59

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

i have to paint the hood on 1 of my cars,   it looks like a flat black almost a primer flat,  but they have a name for it and i can't remember what it is,   any one know what i'm talking about?   jerry

57redwhitered

Is it suede or satin??

1957 Skyliner

RICH MUISE

I would think suede was the term you were looking for Gerry. If your looking for the good stuff to do it with, your local paint shop can mix it up for you. I'm not sure, because I've never done it, but I would think you could go either single stage, or base coat/clear coat. I got some flattening agent from my paint shop to add to the clear when I wanted to matte finish some other stuff I was clearcoating.
Our suede57 is a 3m rep...hopefully Pat will see this and give you the info you need.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

geraldchainsaw

hay Rich,  thats what i as looking for,   (matte)

hiball3985

From what I understand the guys that use the flat looking black on rat rods recommend paint that is available at John Deere..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

redscampi

That's John Deere Blitz Black. It's about 30 bucks a gallon tractor paint. Pretty durable from my experience.

suede57ford

SEM brand Hot Rod black is a very nice and easy to use paint.  It is a urethane and omens in a kit with reducer and hardener.  Comes out excellent, and lasts well.  You can do a google search to find it, or most automotive paint stores carry it.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429