News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My wagons back home and I need some help

Started by FORDNUT, 2013-01-25 09:29

Previous topic - Next topic

FORDNUT

As some of you know, I just bought back a Country Sedan that I sold in 2007. When I owned it prior, I changed it out to a 390/C6 and installed some disc brakes up front. I had purchased a 63 Galaxie steering box and all the associated parts to install but never did. I now want to complete the changeover but the instructions got misplaced along the way. I have a handle on everything except how much to shorten the steering column tube. I am going to use my original steering column and column shifter,and install a rag joint. Anybody know how much to cut off the tube? I also need to know if the door panels are the same size as a 4 door Custom series. I have found a source for a wagon headliner but cannot find a listing for wagon interior door panels. I have owned a number of Custom and Custom 300's but all were 2 doors. Any help?
At my age I am not required to act mature.

JimNolan

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

wildhog

Jim, Yes that is Bob Rose.    Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

JimNolan

Thanks Tom,
    We're FaceBook friends and I didn't know who he was until he said something about getting his wagon back. I said to myself, self, I've got a friend that lives down there and he just got his Station Wagon back. Wow.

FORDNUT

Yep, it's me. Got her home no worse for wear except road salt from the trip. Time (dry rot) has taken it's toll on the headliner which I found but cannot find a listing for door panels for wagons.I am trying to post a picture of her leaving the upper tip of Michigan.

wildhog

Bob, That is a good looking car. Try A.B.C. Auto uphostery in Philly Talk to Ron Murry, he should be able to help ypu. Tom

robhaerr

JimNolan

Tom,
  Didn't ABC sell out to LaBarron Bonnie. When I bought a new set of upholstery for the 57 I thought I found out they sold to LaBarron Bonnie. That reminds me. I've got a complete upholstery set for a 57 2dr hdtp I'll never use. Red silver shadow and Colonial white. I gave $1000 for it in 2008. If you know someone that would make me a good offer, I'd consider it. Jim

wildhog

Jim, Yes A.B.C. did sell out to L. B. , but the no compete time is up and Ron can still make panels. Tom

RICH MUISE

Good looking wagon you got there. Welcome back to the forumn, btw.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

FORDNUT

Thanks for the welcome. It sure is good to be back although I never went far. Just a short period without a 57. Still got my 63 Galaxie 500XL boxtop but had to have my long roof back. If I could just find out if the wagon and the Custom series doors are the same size I'd be cookin'.

JimNolan

Bob,
   The FE Power Forum bunch is having a FE car show and day long drag racing at Beaver Springs, Pa on 4/27/2013. I'm taking my 57 to run there. I've got a new engine ( just fired it this morning ) going in the 57 which should put me in the 13's if I can get any kind of traction. I'd love to meet you up there. I'm wanting to see your 63 Boxtop. Jim